- Jun 24, 2019
- Anwar Murshed
1. Course Name: Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
2. Qualification and pre-requisites for entrance in BDS Course
i. HSC / A Level / equivalent with Science (Histology, Physics, Chemistry)
ii. Applicant must secure required grade points in the SSC and HSC examination / equivalent examination.
3. Selection procedure of student for BDS course: Decision by the proper authority as per merit.
4. Courses taught in English.
5. Length of course: BDS course comprises of 05 years. Followed by logbook based rotatory internship for 01 year.
6. Course structure and duration:
The BDS course is divided into four phases:
| 1st Phase|
|1.5 year |
|Sub-1: Anatomy & Dental Anatomy|
Sub-2: Physiology, Biochemistry & Science of Dental Materials.
|2nd Phase||1 year|| Sub-3: General & Dental Pharmacology|
Sub-4: Pathology & Microbiology
|3rd Phase||1 year|| Sub-5: Medicine|
Sub-7: Periodontology & Oral Pathology
|4th Phase||1.5 year||Sub-8: Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery|
Sub-9: Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics
Sub-11: Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics
Sub-12: Pedodontics & Dental Public Health